Indigo Spirit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indigo Spirit

A website and forum for those who wish to uncover the truth.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How ancient is ancient?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MoonDragon
Warrior
Warrior
MoonDragon

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-11-23

How ancient is ancient? Empty
PostSubject: How ancient is ancient?   How ancient is ancient? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 4:00 pm

I usually see that for most people history starts at around with the birth of christ or perhaps a few years before that. How much has christianity as a political tool altered or skewed the world history so as to help them spread to the masses? Why is it that ancient spiritual belief's are often termed "new age"? Why is the scieintific community silent of various historical sites all around the world, which definitely points out to the fact that known history of most places are atleast 10,000 years old (if not more) What a Face
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Admin
Admin
Night Star

Female
Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: How ancient is ancient?   How ancient is ancient? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 8:37 pm

Excellent post my friend!
Back to top Go down
Spiritdoc
Squire
Squire

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: How ancient is ancient?   How ancient is ancient? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 10:48 pm

... it's MORE, lots more.
Back to top Go down
MoonDragon
Warrior
Warrior
MoonDragon

Male

PostSubject: Re: How ancient is ancient?   How ancient is ancient? EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 12:41 am

Yes, I agree, there is a lot more to all these. AT times it is confusing, and at times it is irritating as well. Perhaps most of the people let someone else take control of their mind and culture as well? Like what is happening in India right now. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male
Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: How ancient is ancient?   How ancient is ancient? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 7:22 pm

The Roman Catholic Church has worked for hundreds of years to bury evidence of the past, and especially of past religions. They would take over spiritually charged sites and claim them as their own, and whatever phenomena occurred there suddenly because Christian phenomena. It is a very large subject which despite the fact that it offends some people is of great importance to understand. Religion is often used as a tool to control how people think, and there are many ancient religions which have been buried from us from which we could probably learn a great deal. The RMC is accountable for a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://psyche.forumarena.com/forum.html
MoonDragon
Warrior
Warrior
MoonDragon

Male

PostSubject: Re: How ancient is ancient?   How ancient is ancient? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:16 pm

Such things are happening in India in a big way now! They build churches like Hindu temples, adapt everything eastern as christian....... an easy ploy to get converts, especially when the people are poor and uneducated. What is more sad is that, they preach not to worship idols, and end up worshipping idols of jesus and mary and all saints and whoever not!

Sory about being negative here, not that I have anything against any religion, but lack of common sense and logic is a big no-no.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: How ancient is ancient?   How ancient is ancient? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 8:07 am

Oh no it's cool.

I was never a church goer myself, and so I have no understanding of that. But I know people are looking for hope, for something to hold onto. It's hard.
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Admin
Admin
Night Star

Female
Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: How ancient is ancient?   How ancient is ancient? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 8:22 pm

Even as a child I didn't believe in my religion. We all come from the same source but have different opinions on who or what that source might be. You are so right about common sense and logic. Most people follow religions blindly never questioning anything, never allowing themselves to be open to anything else.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: How ancient is ancient?   How ancient is ancient? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 10:20 pm

I feel the same way, Night Star. We can learn a lot from a lot of different sources out there.

(And for any Christians here, I hold nothing againt you. I live in a very Christian community. But governments are often disceitful, whatever religion or region they represent.)
Back to top Go down
MoonDragon
Warrior
Warrior
MoonDragon

Male

PostSubject: Re: How ancient is ancient?   How ancient is ancient? EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 7:08 am

I have nothing against any religion as well, but I also guess I can voice my respectful opinion. One of my best friend (in real life) is a christian. Teachings and spiritual aspects of the religion is one thing, and the political acumen and illogical conversion tactics is another.

I studied in a convent school, I have been to churches, attended mass etc, but of late, things are not as rosy as it looked a few years ago. There are certain sects of christianity which is causing more than enough imbalance in my part of the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How ancient is ancient?   How ancient is ancient? Empty

Back to top Go down

How ancient is ancient?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Indigo Spirit :: Mysterious Realms :: Ancient History-
Jump to: