Indigo Spirit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indigo Spirit

A website and forum for those who wish to uncover the truth.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to make a difference and change a life!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-01-18

How to make a difference and change a life! Empty
PostSubject: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 2:28 am

I hope that it is ok that I share this link. It is to a YouTube video that I created yesterday to promote a mission that I am on.

You see, for most of my life, I have had extreme compassion for people who are hurting. Be they homeless, tired, lonely, depressed. The same compassion I give to animals especially stray cats and dogs and any animal in need. (Yup, saved a few squirrels! Bob Ross was right when he said, "You haven't lived until you have lived with a squirrel!")

My dream is that people from around the world will be touched by my idea enough to start paying attention to anyone or anything that suffers. Including the environment. To take that few extra moments of time to do something extreme and helpful that will make an impact on someone.

What we do not realize is that how we behave towards another, most often can make a difference between encouraging or stopping suicide, drinking, drugging, etc. Love is so important, and so many people don't even know what it means to love anymore. They think things are more important than another human being or creature.

So....as my signature says.......

Here is the link to the video.

YouTube - Extreme Angels Invites YOU
Back to top Go down
http://www.extremeangels.org/
Night Star
Admin
Admin
Night Star

Female
Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 9:23 pm

That is exactly what I want to promote in the world!!!! Hug Teddy1 RoseBear Truthseeker, I was so touched by this film and I will post it on every forum I go to. I'll probably do it over the weekend when I have more time. This will keep getting posting by everyone who sees it! I am so proud of you for making the film and for being you. Compassion is what the worls needs more of.

In my day to day life, I always reach out to someone who is having a bad day and make them smile or laugh, I have rescued many animals etc. I don't encounter homeless people around here. We have soup kitchens and shelters for people. I donate clothing and books etc to places.

You know, so many people want to do something for the world, the poor, the environment, animals...
but they get overwhelmed as I sometimes do. We have to realize that it doesn't take a million dollars to help, the small things can mean the most. And if each person does his part, no matter how small, we are all taking steps in the right direction, making a difference and changing the world.

Truthseeker, I am so very happy to have met someone like you. This is exactly what the world needs. This video and your site are a true blessing and so are you! cheers
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male
Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 9:37 pm

Wow, teary eyed here. A good video, a great message. I wish there was a crying emoticon that wasn't sad. People cry from other emotions than just sorrow...

A great video to pass on. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://psyche.forumarena.com/forum.html
Night Star
Admin
Admin
Night Star

Female

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 9:39 pm

I cried! It is exactly what I want in the world!!!!!
Truthseeker is our very own angel.
LoveBears
Back to top Go down
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:33 am

WOW! Your reactions made me cry!!! I can't see now! lol.

This makes me sooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!! I am working on an animal video. Who knew videos would be so much fun to make???

Thank you thank you thank you for passing this idea around! I swear on my life, if it gets big, I will find a way to make t-shirts for the Extreme Angels in the world with their favorite duties put on it.

This is just the beginning.....so....deep breathe....I am hoping it catches on and that people everywhere will reap the benefits of extreme random acts of kindness!!!!

LoveBears
Back to top Go down
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 2:40 am

Boy, I am so overwhelmed with joy right now, and happy tears....I have gotten some emails that...just YAY!

Anyways, to Night Star, yes, the point that people get overwhelmed by the thought is something that I am trying to change.

If we can somehow get across that helping a stranger or an animal is just like helping a family member, the attitudes can change from fear of the unknown to 2nd nature.

Every day we can make the choice to help someone or just walk on by. Sometimes, we have to walk on by...but if it eats at you, walk back. That is what I do.

If I feel a tugging...and it is bothering me that I did not stop...I have to go back. And 9 out of 10 times that person or animal is still there struggling, hurting, begging, whatever the situation.

A long time ago, I was out shopping with a friend. I have no car here and am terrified to drive in Greece. Different road rules and it's like NYC in many areas. So, we went grocery shopping and I finished before her. There was an older man, sitting indian style at the edge of the sidewalk outside the store, asking for money in a cup. I passed by him, and thought, Excuse the expression, screw the money, I'll give him a bag of food.

So, I took bread, oranges, apples, spaghetti, sauce, juice, don't remember what else, and went up to him with my very broken Greek at the time, and said, are you hungry? He said yes, so I gave him the bag of food. He was soooooooo happy.

Well, I went back to the car, waiting for my friend, she was taking a while, so I went back outside to see where she was. As I was walking past the man, there was a little girl there, a GORGEOUS dark haired, eyed, filthy little girl STUFFING her mouth with the bread and holding a half eaten orange in the other hand. She was eating like she hadn't had food in days, and she looked it. It took EVERYTHING I had not to cry. I found my friend and we walked past. I said not a word...just a knowing nod to the man. I never spoke about it since except to my kids...to teach them.

THIS is what I wish people to do...things like this. This is a simple one. And far more. I have never done Hospice, but I would love to see Extreme Angels going to do hospice care. That is so difficult on ones own personal soul...but so rewarding for both. Sigh....I just love you guys!!!! Hug!!! LoveBears
Back to top Go down
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male
Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 4:03 am

Wow... I'm all goose-bumpy and stuff. That video was beautiful, TruthSeeker. Bookmarked and will spread. Wink
Back to top Go down
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 6:02 am

Thank you Loxley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am almost done with the animal one....gee, you never know how long a song is until you start making a message with pictures in it! lol. (Wiping off brow) Hopefully I will have it up today!
Back to top Go down
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 6:34 pm

Sign I had uploaded the new video, but my sponser created a new You Tube account, so I am uploading both videos again. Deleted the original acct that was only 3 days old. Sorry for the confusion. We are trying to organize it and well...how fun that is.

Last edited by TruthSeeker on Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Admin
Admin
Night Star

Female

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 8:06 pm

I promise I will watch the animal one tomorrow. I have been going to bed late every night and it's caught up to me. Going to read for a while and then it's sweet dreams for me.

We love you too Truthseeker! cheers
Back to top Go down
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 4:15 am

Loxley, My hub is obsessed with Sweden and sending our kids there for college. Share the scoop. What is it like there? He even wants to move there if possible.
Back to top Go down
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 3:54 pm

I noticed when I tried to answer that, it got a bit long. Razz There's too much to say about Sweden, so I'll open a new thread in the Lounge about Sweden, where you can ask whatever you want and I'll answer it. Wink After all, I love talking about myself and my home country. How to make a difference and change a life! 83633
Back to top Go down
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 3:57 pm

Ghostie
Loxley wrote:
I noticed when I tried to answer that, it got a bit long. Razz There's too much to say about Sweden, so I'll open a new thread in the Lounge about Sweden, where you can ask whatever you want and I'll answer it. Wink After all, I love talking about myself and my home country. How to make a difference and change a life! 83633
Back to top Go down
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

PostSubject: New links to videos   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 4:36 pm

I had to re upload the videos, so here they are.

In order
#1, the one you all saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9feNTpOq5Y

#2 Animal Mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XgbZ643ED0

Beware, the Animal one is harsh in a few spots but I put it all in black and white because 2 pictures were really gruesome, and hard to handle. B&W is enough for we soft at heart.
Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 4:51 pm

I'll check out the new video after the Alex Jones Show. Wink

Edit: Checked out the new vid now. It was... (Pause for dramatic effect)...incredible. Powerful, yet beautiful. Five-starred, and goose-bumped. Me likes! Keep up the good work, TruthSeeker.

Hey2
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Hey, we're all in this together. sunny

Country
Back to top Go down
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 8:56 pm

YouTube - Satin To Shattered Glass. Extreme Angel Challenge

I am really LOVIN making videos, though the timing is off and I am clueless!!!!
Anyone have any ideas for another one?
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Admin
Admin
Night Star

Female

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 4:28 pm

How about one on the environment and our impact as a society on the environment?

Keep up the great work little angel I love you The world needs more people like you and the other members here at Indigo to make a difference in the world. Teddy1
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Yes, in the summer I'm planning to do community pick-up. I plan to encourage others to do the same.
Back to top Go down
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 2:28 am

Country Clap
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Admin
Admin
Night Star

Female

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 9:46 am

Oh I just saw the shattered glass one Truthseeker. Wonderful!

No need to wait for summer Blue. At work we have a few slobs who toss things out on the ground even when a barrel is right there!!! Grrrr, I'm always picking up after them. Wish I knew who was doing it.
Back to top Go down
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 7:50 am

With summer season coming up here in Greece. (yup 73 yesterday and today) And the beaches filled pretty much beginning in May, we are always picking up others trash, and out of the sea too. I remember when we first moved here, I have a friend from Wales. She has 3 girls and I have 3. Some nasty woman said to us, (I had no clue at the time...language barriers, sheesh) But My friend did...anyways, the woman said, what did you bring all those little girls here for, to piss in our sea? And my friend replied, NO, We brought them here to clean up after your sorry butts! " LOL. You should have seen the trash on such a gorgeous beach. I was like..>YOU GO WOMAN!

At first people looked at us all weird, here when we would carry trash out of the sea into the garbage, but now more and more people are doing it. Getting ready for this summers haul. Argh. Funny thing is, the foreigners are the clean ones, it's the ignoramus natives that often leave their trash behind.

Thank God for Germany, they stepped in and took over the recycling bit. We FINALLY got bins about a month ago in our area. And STILL people are throwing bottles, boxes and papers in the trash! I swear, most of our trash IS recyclable...so I am more than happy with this.

I hate liter bugs!!!

I've even seen priests liter out of their cars. I was like... affraid
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Admin
Admin
Night Star

Female

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 7:53 pm

Good that you have recycling. We've had it for years here, but like where you are, a lot of people still don't bother to recycle!
Back to top Go down
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 4:41 pm

I apologize for not being here. Been working on the mission. I got some emails that blew my mind. A production company, I think it was in FL. wrote me telling me they wished they could work with me...I was like......................... Nofair Nofair Cuz I am here!!!

ANd couldn't believe it! They apparently try to teach people how to help the homeless vs. do a quick fix to make themselves feel better. I was like....YEAH!

Spent the past 3 days trying to make a new video. This one is about abuse. Since I am a survivor of almost every type of family abuse and partner....the concept is pretty deep. I don't expect too many to catch the deeper meaning...only the hope in it. Victims or survivors will catch the messaging, I think.

Took 3 days because the Windows Media maker kept freezing every 5 minutes. The fact that I even got it to this stage was amazing. lol. It isn't perfect in a few areas that changed dramatically from my initial...due to the darn freezing and losing my "Saved" work....so I finally gave up and just uploaded it as is.

The main thing I care about is that people actually go out there and do it. I could care less if anyone shares with me what they have done, as long as they do it.

Now, off to clean the bomb that built up after my 3 days of COmputer Geekdom!

Peace and love to all!
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:31 pm

Wow, well I wish you well with the video project. I too was a victim of almost every type of abuse as a child. Just today I was watching Dr. Phil and it was about sexual abuse on children and young persons. I was never molested, but I have known a number of people who were. Some of them are great people and have things under control, others are still struggling, while some are at the bottom -- but these are the ones who refuse to face the truth. Facing our pasts is just as important as moving forward, and I have witnessed how the two go hand-in-hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make a difference and change a life!   How to make a difference and change a life! Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make a difference and change a life!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next