Indigo Spirit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indigo Spirit

A website and forum for those who wish to uncover the truth.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars Live-Action TV Series

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male
Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Star Wars Live-Action TV Series Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Live-Action TV Series   Star Wars Live-Action TV Series EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 12:41 pm

This was first mentioned in 2004 I believe, and is planned to air in 2009. Lucas has looked across the world to find six 'significant' writers for the show ... somehow I still doubt they'll appreciate myth-telling. He does however plan to be the lead writer for the first season. The show will take place between episodes three and four, during "the dark times" of the Empire rising. Lucas has no plans to show the Emperor or Darth Vader, sadly, nor does he plan to have any Jedi. But there will be guest appearances and cameos from some memorable characters. But it will be centred on lesser-known characters, especially those from the 'Star Wars Universe' (basically, the novels.) Bubba Fett will be a recoccuring character, with the actor from "Attack of the Clones" playing the part. Lucas plans to branch the series off into four different series, and somehow I suspect one of those may feature Han Solo and Chewbecca (although I don't think Solo has the weight for his own series.) No Jedi or Sith ... but he does intend to show the building of the Resistance from something meagre into something large and concrete. That at least should be interesting. Meanwhile I'll hold my breath. It could be brilliant, or it could easily be a flop of the worst kind. He does say, however, that it will be more 'adult-oriented.'

Man, Lucas is so lucky. He gets to do it all.. silent

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series
Back to top Go down
http://psyche.forumarena.com/forum.html
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male
Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Live-Action TV Series   Star Wars Live-Action TV Series EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 12:56 pm

Hm... "More adult oriented" you say? Leia's slave bikini comes to mind... Rolling Eyes Brings back some good memories - I still envy Jabba the Hutt to this day.

But seriously... Star Wars without Jedi? That's like partying without beer, or tequila without ice. Doesn't work. Wink
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male
Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Live-Action TV Series   Star Wars Live-Action TV Series EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 6:01 pm

Yeah I agree on all accounts. I still enjoy that Jabba sequence too, and I loved Leia in the slave thingy...

I know, you're right. That was a major disapointment. I am STILL waiting to see Darth Vader hunting down and killing Jedi! Not that I favour the Dark Side, mind you, just that it justifies the story; Vader "helped the Emperor hunt down and destroy the last of the Jedi." That just BEGS for a killer series, where heroes rise and fall, building the evil and destructive elements of Vader.

Lucas sure is strange. He doesn't want viewers to see Vader cutting down Jedi, doesn't want them to see real alien-looking worlds ... yet he wants to show them three-year-old humour like robots looking to each other and going, "Uh oh" instead of getting out of the way of a falling elevator. Either he aims that humour for three-year-olds or that is just his level of humour...
Back to top Go down
http://psyche.forumarena.com/forum.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Live-Action TV Series   Star Wars Live-Action TV Series Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Live-Action TV Series
Page 1 of 1