Indigo Spirit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indigo Spirit

A website and forum for those who wish to uncover the truth.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wounded Veterans

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Wounded Veterans Empty
PostSubject: Wounded Veterans   Wounded Veterans EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 2:43 am

I recently recieved an email from a wounded veteran who is fighting the government not only for his benefits, but for basic rights. He lives in a house with stairs....which he has to crawl up like a little baby, and slide down on his bum to go down. In one of his more recent emails, which really got personal, he stated that he almost died last year and wish he had. He is tired of fighting this alone with his sister...explaining the embarrasment of a grown man soiling himself and hoping that someone, anyone can come to help change him.

THIS IS NOT A LIFE!!!!! THIS IS IMPRISONMENT for those who are abandoned.

He has tried every venue he knows, Legal Aid, writing senators, the government...he is owed benefits of over $100,000. And yet each time...they "lose the paper work"

IF any of you know of any "honest" agency that can help him, please let me know.

Also, in researching and trying to find agencies he has not tried, I fell upon an article

Wounded soldiers asked to return signing bonuses - The Carpetbagger Report

Needless to say...being here with my own head out of the loop and in the sand....I was horrified and shocked. Thinking some pretty nasty words.

government conspiracy??? CRIMINAL!

Argh! I really wish, at moments like this, that I were home, had my car and could drive this guy around to help out.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.extremeangels.org/
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male
Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Wounded Veterans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Veterans   Wounded Veterans EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 3:23 am

This is not the way to treat a soldier. If he has fought and bled for his country, the least his country can do is return the favor. Moreso since the war was illegal to start with. I pity those good men who serve in the US Armed Forces, when they are no longer given the honor they deserve.

Makes me furious to see a serviceman treated like this. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

Wounded Veterans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Veterans   Wounded Veterans EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 3:51 am

And sadly this has gone on for generations. I have talked to so many Vietnam vets who felt abandoned. They became mass alcoholics, drug addicts, angry at the world....their families didn't know who they were any more. War is just plain evil and a game to the big guys anyways....which burns me up to no end that sooooooooooooooooooooo many die for nothing and sooooooooooooooooooooo many left abandoned, with no families left etc....etc...etc.......

ARGH!
Back to top Go down
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male

Wounded Veterans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Veterans   Wounded Veterans EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 4:58 am

It reminds me of that Vietnam war film with Tom Cruise. That movie, despite being with Tom Cruise, really got my heart skewered. It was better back in the Dark Ages - if a leader wanted war, he better damn well be on the frontlines leading it. Nowadays, leaders are cowards and send others to their deaths...and easier so since they don't have to be on the battlefield, either. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male
Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Wounded Veterans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Veterans   Wounded Veterans EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 12:50 pm

Very sorry to hear that, Truthseeker. I'd advise them to go to the media. That would embarrass him perhaps, but it would shame the system into helping him. Some opportuinist politician would say something like, "Oh, I had no idea this was happening! I'll make sure this hero of our country gets what he deserves." It would also be good perhaps to get this out in the public eye, sp people can see the lack of respect governments have for their soldiers.
Back to top Go down
http://psyche.forumarena.com/forum.html
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

Wounded Veterans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Veterans   Wounded Veterans EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 1:06 pm

Yes, Blue Water, that is an option. Apparently he has tried and they shoved his story under the rug.

I have emailed a few groups in hopes that they will take a look at his story and move forward with it instead of be other under the rug sweepers.

I did find a few sites that seem pretty intent on helping these guys, so I wrote the CEO of one of them, emploring them to look at his case and step forward to help him.

This is one Extreme Angel duty that is sure a lesson for me! I was not expecting anything like this one! lol. Keepin me busy though. I just hope all my efforts help.

Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male
Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Wounded Veterans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Veterans   Wounded Veterans EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:09 pm

Wow, well you're doing good work! I am shocked that the media wouldn't be interested...
Back to top Go down
http://psyche.forumarena.com/forum.html
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

Wounded Veterans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Veterans   Wounded Veterans EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 1:38 am

Sadlky, I am not surprised. There are so many vets ....add the new thousands that come home who are young, lost limbs, can't get jobs, nor proper health care. He is an older vet. These guys have been fighting for years and years.

I did get in contact with a production company who will spread the word and said through email contacts a few did say they will see what they can do. Let's hope they do.

I always write for Him and others like him....so I hope someone with a really loud voice and good pocket change can help this.

Otherwise...I don't know how more I can help him.

He wants anyone who reads his issues to write Senator Clinton, Obama and O'Reilly...stating if ONE of them writes to Senator Webb, something will be done. Sadly....I can't do that....I think they are all snakes...and will say some rude comment or won't even hear about it. Then hit the delete button or whatever. I wish I felt otherwise. I hate politicians with a passion!!!

Gotta go. Kiddies to school time!

Be blessed!
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Admin
Admin
Night Star

Female
Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Wounded Veterans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Veterans   Wounded Veterans EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 6:37 pm

Is this man from the USA? I am shocked at the amount of people who fall through the cracks of the system. Is he on welfare? What kind of medical does he have? Can't he get a visiting nurse or something? A volenteer from a church maybe? Surely there is some hope somewhere. I am praying for this poor soul and others like him. Keep us posted honey.
Back to top Go down
TruthSeeker
Knight
Knight
TruthSeeker

Wounded Veterans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Veterans   Wounded Veterans EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:50 am

Hi Night Star! Yes, he is from Virginia. The main battle he is having is a previous employment, working for the Fed. govt. They owe him around $130,000 + health.
Listen to this one though. And when I responded to his email, I kinda went off on the woman.

He sent me an email stating a woman who was helping him stated, "Well, now that you have help, my job is done and I will move on. Good luck." I was like...HUH?

I responded with, does this woman realize I am in Greece...where my sleeping hours are HER Working hours, and ALL I can do is utilize the internet? I said, does she think she can put all your eggs in one basket???

My God. I asked him if he was a member of a church, to go check out the VA, VFW ans stuff he most likely all ready knows....says they don't help. So, another contact I got through my EA site, who is a production company stated they will pass the story onto people who may be able to help him. Apparently they got a few positive replies.

He did state that since I started working on this, that he has gotten several calls and emails that look positive.

I just don't think there is much more that I can do. Not like I can just pick up, get in a car and drive him around. Know what I mean?

I told him to keep the faith and that somewhere someone will be able to do something. In all honesty, I had not expected something like this one, so I really pray all my efforts truly do help him....since I have no idea the system regarding the vets....all vets. I know the new wounded vets are fighting too. I really am so disappointed in our government. Utilizing these guys as war game toys in my opinion and then abandoning them.

He is a real sweetie though. Easy to deal with. I just wish I could do more than just send emails.

Have a busy weekend, so I will try to get on at some point to say hi!

Hugs to you all!
Back to top Go down
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male

Wounded Veterans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Veterans   Wounded Veterans EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 7:21 am

Nice job! Good to see things are looking up for him. It's tough being a veteran, and people tend to choose to forget them rather than help them, which is a shame. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Admin
Admin
Night Star

Female
Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Wounded Veterans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Veterans   Wounded Veterans EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 5:33 pm

I know you wish that you could do more for this man but you have done more than most. You have been a candle in the dark, a beacon of hope for this man. Be careful not to overwhelm yourself with this stuff. As long as you believe that what you are doing, no matter how small, is something profound, than you can be satisfied that you are at least doing something. Never under-estimate the impact you make on others. What you do is given with such love and compassion and I'm sure it is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wounded Veterans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wounded Veterans   Wounded Veterans Empty

Back to top Go down

Wounded Veterans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Indigo Spirit :: News, Events and Media :: Conspiracy Thread-
Jump to: