Indigo Spirit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indigo Spirit

A website and forum for those who wish to uncover the truth.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male
Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2007-11-19

The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? Empty
PostSubject: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 8:31 am

In every mountain range in the world stirs tales of a strange, manlike creature with foot prints too large to belong to any human. He is known as the Yeti in the Himalayas. Elsewhere in Asia, from the Gobi Desert in the north to Assam in the south, he goes by the names of Meti, Shookpa, Migo, or Kang-Mi. To people in sheltered wooded areas of the northwestern United States he is known as Bigfoot, and to residents of the Canadian Rockies he is known as the Sasquatch. He is between 8 and 13 feet tall, and always hairy and ape-like, with big feet.

I had what may have been a Bigfoot encounter myself, a year or so ago. I was walking down the abandoned railroad tracks on a bright and sunny afternoon, nearing home, enjoying the quiet and beauty of the woods. There was no wind, and the only sound was that of my feet on the gravel under my feet. Coming my way was a large 'bear-man'; that is, a tall and broad-shouldered furry man figure, walking in a comfortable and natural stride, swinging its arms with its head slightly lowered, headed towards me. It would then stop, and turn and look over the trees as if to pretend it was curious about their beauty, but I knew it was because it feared me, and then it would turn back and continue walking towards me. I could not see any detail as it seemed like a dark shadow form, only that it had a furry body. For a while I thought it was a very large old man with a fur coat, but when it would turn sideways I saw that its head was more bear-shaped than man-shaped. Yet when it moved towards me it looked more man-like in body and in manner than an ape or a bear. It made no sound as its heavy looking body moved over the gravel, approaching near, on that silent afternoon, with a skill I can only imagine of animals and Kung-Fu masters (I doubt it was a shaolin priest in an ape suit!) When it got close to me it turned and went through the watery ditch with tall bushes and through twigs and trees and disappeared without a sound or trace. I stood there, looking with puzzled eyes, able to see the highway through the trees where it disappeared. I went home believing that I had seen a 'bear-man' spirit of the wood and thought nothing more of it, until in recent years I saw a report on Big foots on TV, and was amazed by the description -- had I also seen a Bigfoot, here on the shore eastern Canada?

One theory about big foots is that they may be descendants of the Gigantopithecus, which includes the giant ape, remains of which were found by Dutch paleontologist Ralph von koenigswald. In the 1930s Von koenigswald found teeth in various parts of Asia that could have belonged to an ape between 11 and 13 feet. Some experts claimed those parts could have belonged to other animals.

It has been argued that if apes such as these could not compete with humans for forest resources, they may have taken to remote mountainous areas to survive.

In 1967, rancher Roger Patterson, of Yakima Washington, shot 29 feet of a 16-millimeter film of a tall hairy creature walking upright across a creek 125 yards away, near Eureka, California. He got a blurred, brief sequence of the animal -- a female with pendulous breasts -- taking long strides, swinging her arms, and turning briefly to look at the camera, before disappearing into the woods.

The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? Bigfoot

In Big Muddy River, California, at midnight on June 25, 1973, a couple sitting in a parked car heard shrieks from the nearby woods. Lumbering toward them was an eight-foot figure, covered in light-colored hair and matted with mud. The couple drove off and reported the incident to the police. Other sightings of what became known as the Murphysboro Mud Monster followed. Two teenagers said it was it smelled of foul river slime. Workers on a nearby fairground said that they saw the monster gazing at some tethered ponies. Police chief Toby Berger ordered a search, but all that was found was a trail of crushes grass, broken trees, and gobs of black slime. Tony Stevens, editor of 'The Southern Illinoisan', said, "This is no hoax. This is hunting country, and anyone who goes around in an animal costume is going to get his butt shot off."

There have been more reports in recent years, and people have taken a greater interest in scouting for clues. Hair strands have been found and tested that are believed to be that of the Sasquatch, and one expert at least believes that it is indeed authentic Sasquatch hair. Scientists are usually dead-set against Bigfoot research, as they always are when it comes to things that disprove their years of proud research or belief to the contrary.

The mystery remains, from the Himalayas to the Rockies, from the Gobi Desert to southern Illinois. There have also been reports of apelike, hairy men in parts of Africa and South America.
Back to top Go down
http://psyche.forumarena.com/forum.html
Humaren
Warrior
Warrior
Humaren

Male
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 11:14 pm

Blue Water wrote:

I had what may have been a Bigfoot encounter myself, a year or so ago. I was walking down the abandoned railroad tracks on a bright and sunny afternoon, nearing home, enjoying the quiet and beauty of the woods. There was no wind, and the only sound was that of my feet on the gravel under my feet. Coming my way was a large 'bear-man'; that is, a tall and broad-shouldered furry man figure, walking in a comfortable and natural stride, swinging its arms with its head slightly lowered, headed towards me. It would then stop, and turn and look over the trees as if to pretend it was curious about their beauty, but I knew it was because it feared me, and then it would turn back and continue walking towards me. I could not see any detail as it seemed like a dark shadow form, only that it had a furry body. For a while I thought it was a very large old man with a fur coat, but when it would turn sideways I saw that its head was more bear-shaped than man-shaped. Yet when it moved towards me it looked more man-like in body and in manner than an ape or a bear. It made no sound as its heavy looking body moved over the gravel, approaching near, on that silent afternoon, with a skill I can only imagine of animals and Kung-Fu masters (I doubt it was a shaolin priest in an ape suit!) When it got close to me it turned and went through the watery ditch with tall bushes and through twigs and trees and disappeared without a sound or trace. I stood there, looking with puzzled eyes, able to see the highway through the trees where it disappeared. I went home believing that I had seen a 'bear-man' spirit of the wood and thought nothing more of it, until in recent years I saw a report on Big foots on TV, and was amazed by the description -- had I also seen a Bigfoot, here on the shore eastern Canada?

Very interesting posting Blue...and ever so cool that you may have seen one! Cool I have traveled to many places, and many a mountain range and forest...including Canada...and though I have ever kept an eye out, I have never been lucky enough to see one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasyoutpost.com
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 2:53 pm

The strange thing is how close it was to society, with houses so nearby. And unless it vanished, literally, its only method of escape would have been across the highway where anyone could have seen it. The way it was walking, like it thought it was totally unseen. It was certainly a chance happening. I have been walking through the woods alone since I was 7 years old, and it took me fifteen years to see what I did. I used to go backwoods hiking daily in the summertime for whole afternoons and although I often had strange experiences, rarely did I encounter something so explainable.
Back to top Go down
Humaren
Warrior
Warrior
Humaren

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 8:05 pm

Blue Water wrote:
The strange thing is how close it was to society, with houses so nearby. And unless it vanished, literally, its only method of escape would have been across the highway where anyone could have seen it. The way it was walking, like it thought it was totally unseen. It was certainly a chance happening. I have been walking through the woods alone since I was 7 years old, and it took me fifteen years to see what I did. I used to go backwoods hiking daily in the summertime for whole afternoons and although I often had strange experiences, rarely did I encounter something so explainable.

With dwindling habitat being a huge issue for many species, due to the human factor, I’m not to surprised. More and more, even where I am, we are seeing many wild species close if not right in the heart of heavily populated areas. Species not immediately thought of in large cities, such as bear, coyotes, deer, and moose. Now I live in Mass about 20 miles from Boston proper, and moose is just unheard of. That is until one showed up in Newton MA about a year ago and made the 6 o’clock news.

Perhaps your friend is running out of room and food, and is being pushed to expose itself.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 1:24 am

I suppose it's possibe, but hard to fathom with countless miles of forest to roam there. Hunters always manage to get deer when the season comes. And this was in the summer time, not during hunting season. I would think he'd have ample food. Unless of course he didn't eat meat...

Still, I kind of think he was a spirit of some kind.
Back to top Go down
Humaren
Warrior
Warrior
Humaren

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 7:16 pm

Blue Water wrote:
I suppose it's possibe, but hard to fathom with countless miles of forest to roam there. Hunters always manage to get deer when the season comes. And this was in the summer time, not during hunting season. I would think he'd have ample food. Unless of course he didn't eat meat...

Still, I kind of think he was a spirit of some kind.

Well...that could explain the lack of sound in its movements.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 8:43 pm

That's my thinking as well.
Back to top Go down
Humaren
Warrior
Warrior
Humaren

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 10:07 pm

Have you gone back to the same area in an attempt at a second sighting?
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:10 pm

I have been there many times since but haven't seen anything, although I've never expected to. I am grateful that I saw it the once I guess. I have had other strange encounters which I might mention, they might be related.
Back to top Go down
Humaren
Warrior
Warrior
Humaren

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:29 pm

Blue Water wrote:
I have been there many times since but haven't seen anything, although I've never expected to. I am grateful that I saw it the once I guess. I have had other strange encounters which I might mention, they might be related.

I can relate.
Always interested in the strange encounters of others! Smile
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Admin
Admin
Night Star

Female
Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 9:35 pm

You guys should bring a camera with you next time. Imagine capturing one on film? You'd be famous. LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Humaren
Warrior
Warrior
Humaren

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 10:15 pm

Night Star wrote:
You guys should bring a camera with you next time. Imagine capturing one on film? You'd be famous. LOL Very Happy

Ya, look what it got rancher Roger Patterson Wink
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Sorry, I've been away.

Ah the guy who took the famous Bigfoot footage. Why, what happened to him? I imagine some people called him crazy.

Still looking forward to hearing about your other experiences, Humaren. bounce
Back to top Go down
Humaren
Warrior
Warrior
Humaren

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 8:31 pm

Blue Water wrote:
Sorry, I've been away.

Ah the guy who took the famous Bigfoot footage. Why, what happened to him? I imagine some people called him crazy.

Still looking forward to hearing about your other experiences, Humaren. bounce

On Patterson, I'm just refering to all tha crap he's had from people since putting the picture public. People laughing, calling it a faud, a hox ect, ect...

I will share yet another tale shortly. This one involving the dead.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Sounds interesting! Cool

I suppose I should post more experiences of my own...
Back to top Go down
Dragonspirit
Squire
Squire

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:14 am

Bigfoot is real for-sure.. September 1983, a female adolescent approached my campsite after the fire went out.. First she stomped twice from near the beaver pond about 200 feet from my camp... I froze, silent breathing, as I listened to her approaching, stepping on dry weeds... She stood behind my head where I lay on three folded sleeping bags.. I heard her crouch down.. She gathered up most of my hair in what felt like very long fingers, then slowly let the hair roll off her fingers.. Then she sniffed at my ear, with an in-breath that would have filled my lungs three times... She touched a finger to a spot on my neck, and my muscles all twitched once, then all my muscles went totally non-responsive... She touched again, near my brain-stem.. it felt like my brain was in a blender... And the Stench!.. WhooH!.. What a gosh-awful Smell!.. Her stench made my sense of smell go numb in less than a minute.. Imagine the smell of a human who has never washed in her lifetime, then double it...

Took me 8-hours to break out of the freeze she left me in...
Now I know why the ancients who met these creatures "flatly refused to talk about it".. It takes a lot of time to break free of the paralysis, if you don't possess the "cosmic sword".. The ancients who met those creatures 101, up close and personal, probably messed their togas while paralysed...

The next morning I found her footprint where she stomped on the hard mud...
I removed my shoe and sock, and stomped, hard as I could, beside her footprint.. I made an 1/8" depression beside her 3/4' deep footprint, nearly breaking my foot...
I scuffed away all her footprints with a pine branch as a broom...
Now that I think of it, I should have saved her stomp footprint as a trophy...

Later, I chatted with locals in that area... Seems there have been many "Sasquatch" sightings in that area...

She taught me a lot about life...

When she shoved me out of her collective unconscious, and exited.. While I listened to her majesty walk away, I felt the icy chill of the heavy dew falling, like soft ice-rain... I telpathed: "Princess.. At least return to cover me with these sleeping bags"..

She giggled... A giggle so exquisite, that it could make the meanest demon suddenly be good...
Then she made a delicious multi-tone coo sound, I felt her sounds embrace me, as embrace as it gets... Suddenly the rain wasn't falling on me, and I was warm...

Last edited by Dragonspirit on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonspirit
Squire
Squire

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:23 am

I do hope it wasn't people from this group who remote attacked me 15 minutes ago at midnight.. ist Verboten!.. Remote viewing is to steal data, and to bully, and to feed off another's life energies, only... Remote viewer attacks cause me migraines.. I defend myself from pain, with more than all of magic's collective masters combined could..
Whom ever attacked.. you won't get out of that mess for at least 20-years... You are thus marked for recyclement, bully.. You silly creatures just gotta learn, stealing and brain-sucking is Wrong!..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?   The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Bigfoot, Fact or Fantasy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Indigo Spirit :: Mysterious Realms :: The Paranormal-
Jump to: